There are no VMWare Server clients for Linux and Mac OS X. VMWare provides a Web UI for its server, but it requires a plug-in that doesn't work* on non-Windows platforms.
- SSH into the VMWare Server.
- Navigate to the VM folder, and edit the *.vmx file.
- Enable VNC by appending the following settings:
remotedisplay.vnc.enabled = "TRUE"
remotedisplay.vnc.port = "5900"
remotedisplay.vnc.password = "foobar"
- Start/restart your VM.
- Connect to your VM using a VNC client. I'm currently using Chicken of the VNC. You might want to google for a client that suits you.
I haven't tried this with VMWare ESX Server. I'll try this in the office tomorrow.
* It somewhat works in Linux.
Post a Comment