Your AWS resources is inside a private VPC that's inaccessible from the outside world. In our specific case, we have Lambda functions located inside a VPC together with ElastiCache. I needed a way to load data into ElastiCache.
Solution (note: this is not be step by step, I'm just recreating the required components; there's probably a wizard for this or something).
- In the VPC page, create a VPC. Let's name this vpc-111
- Create an Internet Gateway. Let's name this igw-12345.
- Create a subnet for igw-12345 and in your Route Table, point 0.0.0.0/0 to igw-12345. Let's name this subnet subnet-2468.
- Launch an EC2 instance and put it inside vpc-111. Enable public IP auto-assignment. Select subnet-2468 for your instance.
- Launch your EC2 instance.
- You can now access the AWS resources inside the instance or you can use SSH tunneling to access them from your workstation.